In recognition of the pivotal role that community groups and organisations play in developing vibrant and diverse communities, Council is committed to the provision of support and assistance through the Shire of Three Springs Community Small Grant Program.
The objectives of the the program is to provide funds of up to $3,000 to community-based organisations in support of social, economic, recreational, art and cultural benefits. The focus is on assisting groups in delivering the following:
- Supporting volunteers by building the capacity of local clubs and organisations with small equipment purchases;
- Support programs, activities and initiatives delivered by community groups;
- Support community development initiatives;
- Increasing the range of events, activities and services within the Shire;
- Providing mentoring opportunities to community organisations to strengthen their organisation; and
- Generating local economic activity, tourism and development.
There are 3 categories available through the Community Small Grant Program. Before commencing an application, please read the Guidelines.
Community Small Grants
Up to $3,000 - two rounds per annum.
This is to assist with funding towards infrastructure and equipment and sponsorship requests in excess of $250.00. Examples of this type of funding may include uniforms or equipment.
Waiving of Fees
Open round - up to $1,500
Council's Waiving of Fees stream is to assist with funding of programs with a reduction or waiving of Council's fees and charges, including but not limited to community bus use, facility hire and photocopying. Examples of this type of funding may include Senior Day trips, facility hire for school holiday programs.
Open round - up to $250
Council's sponsorship program is to assist with funding towards running events and projects. Examples may include significant evnets , community workshops, information sessions and school holiday programs and activities.
Assessment of the applications is done by a committee.